At what age...

At what age can a little one eat a chicken leg / chicken drumstick / chicken wings on there own without having to be cut up in pieces? I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, both been asking for one to eat whole and not cut up. I worry about the bone and such. Is it safe? How old was your little ones when they ate chicken on the bone, without being cut up?

Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Wow, my 4 and 5 year olds have been eating those on their own since around 3. As long as you watch them while they eat they should be fine.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• just watch them..my 4 yr old loves it that way
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My 14 month old will gnarl on a drumstick. (with my supervision of course) I gave him a rib to chew on when he cut his first tooth.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 4:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• all my girls love to 'chew on bones' lol . ribs, chicken legs.

when they get most of the meat off they usually ask me to cut the rest off but I haven't cut the meat off since they were 2 maybe (they're 8,6 and 3)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2010