Has anyone heard of your child having pin worms?

If so what did you do to get rid of it and how do they get it?

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have heard of it. I don't know how you get them nor how to get rid of them, but your doctor will know.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Haha most children have has them at one time or another. To get rid of them they need a medication. They get into the body by hand to mouth. The eggs live in the dirt/dust etc. The eggs get on their hands and when they eat, they get in the stomach down to the intestines and hatch. Once their (TMI) warning, they crawl out of the rectum, lay their eggs and then crawl back in..

Sometimes you can see the worms in the stool, or your child might have anal itching.. If you go to the Dr. they might want a tape test to confirm before giving meds. The bedding needs to be washed and most of the time everyone in the household is treated.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I had pinworms when I was little and so did my sister. They are pretty common. Like midnightmoma said, they get into the body by touching the worms or eggs that are left on the surface of things....by someone who had pinworms and touched their butt and then touched something else (sick huh?) and then you swallow them. The get into the intestines and then crawl out and around the rectum. They usually come out at night and sometimes you can even see them crawling...they are white. You need to get medication to get them to go away and clean the house thoroughly.
    Anonymous

• No, I have not heard of my child having pin worms, but I have heard of other people's children having it.
    Anonymous

• I don't have any experience w/them as far as my kids having them. My cat however did have them,I thought that she had heartworms because she had lost sooo much weight and I was feeding her constantly. Well,I had her dewormed at the vets and she was so full of these things! I felt really guilty once I started to see just many she had. They look like angle hair pasta in the stool. I had to do the deworming in two week sessions and then had to continue each month for three months. She is clear of them now and her weight is up. I am so sorry that your lo has these.
    Anonymous

• Use clove tea, it gets rid of intestinal parasites.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5201729_benefits-clove-tea_.html

chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010