Anyone have a really unique or creative ground beef recipe?

I have a pound and a half of ground beef that I need to do something with tonight and have no clue what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

rnflo

Asked by rnflo at 4:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 1 lb ground beef 1 cup onion 1/3 cup A1 sauce 2 cups mashed taters 1 cup cheese

brown beef and onions drain add A1 and boil. Spread in baking dish Mix taters & cheese spread evenly on top 350 12-15 mins

can layer veggies between meat and taters
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 4:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I brown ground beef with finely chopped onions. I add a little black pepper and a little red pepper flake. Then I make a box or two (depending on how much beef I have) of kraft (or off-brand) macaroni and cheese. I mix the two things together, and ta-da a cheap fast dinner. lol I know it doesn't sound like much but both my SO and DS love it!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 5:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I lost the recipe when I moved, but you can make fudge with beef.
    Anonymous

• I make mini meatloaf balls. I add in all the seasonings and just round them out in ball shapes... Fry or bake them. Then once theyre done put ketchup on top. Not really an exotic recipe, but it is fun and adds a little character to a meal.

I also make stuffed mushrooms with ground beef as well as omelets. Just my thing =)
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 7:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes, rice or buttered noodles. Just make gravy like you would for biscuits and gravy but use ground beef in place of the sausage.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Ground Beef Muffins: This is a uncomplicated recipe came up with by flattening refrigerated biscuit or crescent roll dough to muffin pans and later inserting in cooked bottom beef (often mixed provided BBQ sauce but others are are expected also!) and topping surrounded by shredded cheese. Simply bake until dough is cooked and cheese is melted (about 10 -12 minutes in a 350 degree oven)

S.O.S. aka Creamed Beef: This is an old army recipe, that consists of writing a grey sauce (milk, butter, and flour) to add to the cooked hamburger meat and then serving it on top of toast. You can also work on the behalf of the creamed beef for the duration of egg noodles or greater number of prefered pasta as a floor beef stroganoff.

Anonymous

• Hamburger Goulash with Pasta

Macaroni goulash is a hearty meal which can use a variety of pasta shapes.

Ingredients

* 1 pound ground beef
    * 1/2 onion, diced
    * 1 tbsp. brown sugar
    * 8 oz. can tomato sauce
    * 1 1/2 cup small shell macaroni

Directions

1. Brown hamburger and onion.
    2. While meat is browning cook shells
    3. Add brown sugar and tomato sauce to hamburger.
    4. Add salt to taste
    5. Add cooked shells
    6. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes to allow shells to absorb sauce flavors

Variation: Replace tomato sauce with two cans of tomato soup to convert hamburger Goulash to hamburger soup.

Anonymous

• MANICOTTI
    This is incredibly easy. Saute' onions and garlic in oil until translucent. Add about a pound of ground beef and ground pepper. Cook till meat is done. Drain. Allow to cool. Mix with ricotta cheese (or half ricotta and half cottage cheese). Stuff into the shells. Place the shells in a greased baking dish. Cover with Spaghetti Sauce (home-made or canned). Cover with Parmesan and/or Mozzerella. Can use romano cheese as well. Bake at 350f until the cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbling--probably 30-45 minutes.
    Anonymous