Wooden Swing Sets

I am shopping for a wooden swing set for my kids. Does anyone have any advice regarding their experience in purchasing, assembling, delivering, etc wooden swing sets? I would love to hear good things about various brands, what to stay away from, all that jazz. Thanks!

kmseager

Asked by kmseager at 5:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• You should probably include a price range....you can get them for as low as 300-400 up into the thousands.....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Home depot has some nice ones... We briefly looked at them... I don't know too much about them but home depot usually carries good stuff! Check em out!
    KadenAlansMommy

Answer by KadenAlansMommy at 7:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• There is a place at 135th and State Line that has TONS of them on display... Its a nursery with a big white barn at the entrance. It seems as though everybody but us has a rainbow brand one in our neighborhood so they must be good too!
    crazy4daisies

Answer by crazy4daisies at 10:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I don't want to spend more than $1500...that is my absolute maximum. The Rainbow ones are great-but very expensive. Do you know what the place on 135th/State Line is called E? I'll look at home depot, too. Thanks!
    kmseager

Answer by kmseager at 10:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Kristen,
    It is called Suburban Lawn and Garden.
    crazy4daisies

Answer by crazy4daisies at 11:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• If you look on my homepage I got a wooden one from Sams Club website we picked it up at the store for free shipping. it was about 1400-1500 forgot the exact figure. My DH built it which saved us hundred of dollars. Would have been around 700 to assemble. You could try to find a handy man to see if they can give you a quote that is cheaper if assembling it is out of the question.It would take a lot of time to build it up if it's one person though.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My dad is a hanyman. If you are interested I can give you his name and number for assembling if you need it.
    christianmom131

Answer by christianmom131 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2010

• Thanks, Brooke! I may take you up on it! Probably wont' get the set 'tl May
    kmseager

Answer by kmseager at 10:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2010