just want some input...

Hey ladies, I just need some input. DH has stated that he would like me to finish my degree and get my Bach in Business. I have an Assoc of Arts already, so gen eds aren't an issue. We are currently in the middle of expanding our family (working on # 2), and I work 30 hours a week. The program I would be entering is an advanced program, 1-2 nights a week for 18 months. If I did have a baby in that period, I would probably end up missing what comes to a semester's worth of classes. I am not looking to make my decision based on what is said in reply, but it will be a factor in the process. Any takers for some input?

preacherskid

Asked by preacherskid at 5:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in

• u can do it as long as you give yourself a time limit to get back to classes when the baby comes. so if classes are 9 weeks long, you have a 3 week window to have a baby, and then 6 weeks to recover. i hope that made sense...
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• the only real problem would be if the baby came in the middle of a semester....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I went back to school just after I found out I was pregnant with my first. The semester he was born I took one telecourse (it only met on campus twice for the whole semester). Later when my second son came, I had just completed my AA degree, and was in the process of transferring to a 4 year college. I took the entire semester off. It wasn't easy, but I was committed to getting my degree. There were other women in my classes who were taking full course loads and returned to school days after having their baby. It all depends on you, how much you think you can handle, and what kind of recovery period you expect. If you are expecting, or think you may be having a c-section you will need to give yourself more time to recover. You will also need to have people you trust who can take the baby while you're doing your classes and class work. It can be done, it just takes hard work and dedication.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Why not do online courses? I know Liberty University's online program has a bachelor's in business.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My sister was in a masters program when she had my nephew. Classes were every other weekend in Milwaukee (we live in Chicago). She had a c-section, and missed one weekend of class...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2010