Ugh pregnancy and acne!

What would you recommend as the best solution to acne? I'm to the point I don't even put make up on anymore just to try to get it to calm down! So does anything work for you?

ashley_2187

Asked by ashley_2187 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wish I could help...Nothing worked for me when I was pregnant with my 2nd baby.

Here are some tips tho:

Drink lots of water
    Try not to eat junk food/greasy foods.

I use Purity by Philosophy and i have great skin now...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I have been asking the same thing myself. The only thing that works great for me are the products that they tell you to avoid during pregnancy....ugh! The best thing that cleared my face up somewhat is just using dove soap and no moistorizer. I'm not sure if it is very beneficial for your skin in the long term, but at least I don't feel like a big grease ball anymore...lol. If you get any better suggestions, please let me know!!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 7:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Colloidal silver soap and sea salt. Wash your face at least 2x daily with the soap. Then gently massage pure sea salt over your face. Let it soak into the skin for about 2 minutes then rinse.

If you are going to wear make up, throw out all the your sponges after 1 use. Wash your brushes in alcohol after you use them every day.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I've had horrible cystic acne during both my pregnancies. Doc had given me the go-ahead to use benzol peroxide for both. No more than a 5% cream or a 10% wash; which helps a lot though it doesn't get rid of all the acne completely.

I have two disclaimers:

1) I've only ever asked for help with the acne about 18 weeks into my pregnancy (vainly hoping it would go away on it's own first) so I don't know if it's okay or not in the early parts of pregnancy.

2) Every acne treatment makes things worse before they make them better because they start by bringing everything to the surface to get it out of you...you have to give it 4-6 weeks before knowing if it really works or not.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2010