What's wrong with Bethany Christian Services Adoption Agency?

I saw someone in another post say not to use them. I would have asked them but they posted anon.

The thing is a friend of mine and I already met with them about the adoption of her baby. She's only 4 months along so I'm sure we could switch agencies if we needed to but these people were really nice, helpful and respectful. We didn't see anything wrong with them.

Is there something we should look out for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Adoption

• I have a friend who works for this agency: www.cradle.org They may be able to help your friend.

Anonymous

• There are some people here who have had great problems with them. I am not one of them but I hope they see this question & respond. The experiences I have heard are not favorable.
    Anonymous

• I went through BCS (I'm a birthmom) and had nothing but a good experience. I have a feeling it all depends what office you're in. I've seen the same thing, people slamming them but other people praising them. If you're with them and you're happy, then stay put.
    Anonymous

• http://www.adoptionagencyratings.com/bethany-christian-services.htm

Here you can read what others have to say about Bethany!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I am an international adoptive mom, and we LOVE Bethany. They are more than an adoption agency, they are a ministry. Some birthmoms say they coerce, but I know this is untrue. We had two domestic moms in potential situations that decided to parent, and Bethany was very supportive, loving and understanding of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Some birth moms place, later feel guilt, and try to blame others for said guilt. This is part of the grieving process I guess, and normal, but some take it to the extreme and never can face their own responsibility in the decision they made. They become aggressive in slamming the agency they used. Some of these moms used Bethany, and some are here on cafemom apparently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Wow! Those business reviews were horrible! I feel so bad for people fooled by this agency.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:33 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Unless you poll each & every birthmom that used Bethany you can't "know" for sure what each went through. Speak of what you know....your own experience.
    Anonymous

• I think it's like anything else, it depends on who/which office you are dealing with. As a foster parent I have dealt with caseworkers who I have asked not to have to deal with again because they were so bad and then there are others that I love to deal with. If you had dealings with a couple of these workers you would say this is the worse county to ever have a child in care but then with the others it's the greatest. Take each Bethany on it's own merits. If you like the one you're dealing with stick with them but if there's any red flags popping up then run away from them.

Also, did you notice that these are all from 2008? What about 2009?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I have to agree with whomever said...each their very own journey, and try not to judge IF you have had no experience with this specific agency. I too have read many many young ladies horror stories about 'Bethany" In MY opinion, ANY adoption agency 'worth its very own weight in GOLD", will be very "nice, courteous, kind, and helpful", after all THIS IS WHERE THEY MAKE THEIR LIVING.... So come on do not be fooled otherwise. Another thing, I always cringe when I hear from 'a friend of mine' analogy. This is a very very very important, heart-wrenching decidion, and no matter how close of a friend you are....be a true friend and offer her your unconditional love and unconditional support, because this is what she will need if she chooses to surrender her child to a stack of papers, full of promises, love and openess! A friend who spoke too much, could end up being NOT a friend in the beginning of her lifelong nightmare. C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010