What is too young for kids to spend the night with their friends?

My son is 7 yrs old and i was curious to see how old should a kid be boefore there allowed to spend the night with their friends?

iBELiEVE072208

Asked by iBELiEVE072208 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It depends on the child, and on how well you know the parents and how comfortable the child is at the home where they will be sleeping. Another issue is the expectations....when we had sleepovers the expectation was that there wouldn't be very much sleeping. In some homes, the kids are expected to go to bed at bedtime. All those things will go into your decision.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I let my daughter do sleepovers when she was 7, but I had to meet the parents several times and feel fomfortable with it. I never let her stay at someone's house that I didn't know. I also had to have phone number, cell number, and address. If we'd had any close relatives with kids living near us I'd probably have let her do sleepovers with them at 5.
    Anonymous

• *comfortable
    Anonymous

• it depends on your child's maturity and also how comfortable you are with where they are staying the night. We don't like one my SD's friends because they go back and forth on being friends, my SD ends up in tears half the time, etc. So, we won't allow her to stay the night at her house or the friend to come here. Other friends we don't mind. She has been staying the night places since probably 1st grade that wasn't family. It doesn't happen very often because she doesn't ask or we already have plans.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I've never done it, yet. But, I heard the age is 7. But, you have to keep it small and plan it fun. Beware of a child waiting to go home.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 8:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My daughter is 5 and she has stayed at her best friends once and her best friend has stayed here once. We know her parents really well and the two girls are very mature so it hasn't been an issue. She has one other friend that she could stay with them too she just hasn't.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• ANY age is too young. kids get up to NO good at sleepovers.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2010