Is There Global Cooling? (the antitheses of global warming)

Check out this website:

http://www.isthereglobalcooling.com/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's good to stay clear that the debate is not actually whether the climate is getting warmer or cooler. It is that some people are trying to pin the change on emissions created by human beings' activities ... and more specifically on the amount of carbon dioxide man is creating ... and this being used as an argument to dictate what people and businesses are "allowed" by the gov't to do.

In fact, if you look more closely at the proposals, they are not even proposing disallowing the emissions, they are merely using alarm about global climate change as a pretext to collect penalties and fees from every person and business - collecting money for air, literally !!
    GREAT SCAM !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Well, I'm in NC and we are bracing for 4-12 inches of snow and/or ice up to 1.25'. The resevior in my town was frozen from shore to shore a couple of weeks ago. I have never seen it frozen completely - EVER! I have lived here my whole life - 51 years. We usually have summers of 100+ degree days and we haven't hit 100 in two years. Seems like more cooling than warming.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yes. We've been in a cooling trend for about the last 10 years.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Waldorf. The new laws proposed allow people to continue to pollute, but basically buy their way out of guilt.

Beat your wife? It's okay, just donate money to the battered women's shelter and all is forgiven.
    Beat your dog? Keep doing it, just as long as you donate to the Humane Society.
    Be an energy hog? It's fine, as long as you give money to poor people in Uganda.

Sick.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yes, it is a huge SCAM. The climate is changing, it changes all the time. It goes through small cycles (the seasons) as well as larger cycles. We just happened to get a few really devious people who found a way to get rich of off Mother Nature.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I just heard themn taking about this on NPR and they said the cooling is a temporary thing due to some sort of gas mass in the upper atmosphere. They said that it is just a very temporary pause in the warming.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 8:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Temporary? A top UN climate scientist said this "temporary" cooling is supposed to last 20-30 years. Of course, he was also predicting global cooling in the 70s, global warming in the 90s....
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Rubbish. Another ice age was a media genereted scare in the 70's and it is just as silly now, but a very handy ploy for climate change deniers to pick up and run with.

The evidence for global warming is so well-founded and actually visible to the eyes it amazes me that deniers will dream up conspiracy theories of ' control 'by malevolent persons account for it.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Janet, Obama's science czar, Holdren, wrote a book about global cooling in the 70s. It wasn't the media who invented the whole idea, but well-respected scientists who continue to hold positions of power.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2010