was i a little crazy? HONEST

so we had friends stay for a couple of days at our home. and yes i know they arent the "cleanest" people in the world(their home) but i figured they KNEW im a little bit of a clean freak and they would at least pick up after themselves while here. okay so im pregnant and stuggle somewhat with morning sickness, and the first day they were here she would give her infant(7 mon) a saltine cracker and we all know how messy they can be(crumbs, they break apart easy) and she seen the mess, she said "oh look at the mess you made" and never bothered to clean it up.same goes for every meal, she would see her kids made a mess and say something about it but never clean it up. then her baby thew up on my leather couch(no biggie) but she cleaned it with MY daughters fav blanket!! then her 2 1/2 year old wet the bed(no biggie) but she didnt "want to tell me" because she thought id be mad.so she left pee soaked blankets on the bed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your friend is disgusting! There is no nice way to put it! I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
    Anonymous

• LOL...Man...and I thought I was the only one on the world to have friends like that! hahha. I love my best friend to pieces..best person I know..but I could never ever live with that woman! They stayed with me for a week once..and the mess...let me tell you...was awful! I was so mad! I found dirty diapers from her kids under my couch, food in my cushions,dishes everywhere. She watched as one of her kids drew on my white down quilt with a sharpy marker and the other one drew all over my screen door with marker! She did not bother do clean up after herself or her kids and I found myself very GLAD when they finally left. Never ever again! lol
    Anonymous

• I would not let them stay at my house again. JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• WHAT~!? Wow...that's some friend you've got there! I'd be about done with that friendship if it were me..she LEFT THE PEE SOAKED BLANKETS ON THE BED????? Wow...!#%
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yea, I'd talk to her. If you come across rude or sensitive..blame the "hormones" Infact just say "I may be being a little sensitive", but it's really life,(vomit, peeing bed etc) but I would appreciate if you'd tell me (being that its a given she won't clean up after herself or her children you may wanna throw in "So I'll know if I've something to clean up" ;) haha
    Anonymous

• My husband's friends stayed with us for a while. They worked overnights(10pm-6am), my husband worked days and I had just had our daughter. We would get up in the morning before they had gotten home from work to find soda cans spilled on the floor, the toilet unflushed, milk left out on the counter, their dirty clothes in the middle of the living room. Now, we are not neat freaks, but we do throw out our trash and use a hamper. I mean, I don't dust every day, but I am not real big on trash in the living room. I started charging them $75 a week to stay here after I talked to them and they didn't get the hint. Then after two weeks, they left. I think it was the money thing. I hated to do it, but I had to do something. And I couldn't bring myself to kick them out. I would be PISSED if I were you. I mean, vomit and urine are way worse than spoiled milk and laundry.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• LOL- I belong to the messies group, I am conquring the clutter piles in my bedroom/sewing room, (I'm on a break) and there is NO WAY I would do what you've said- particularly not in someone else's home!
    I hope you have this "staying with you for a few days" agreement in writing!
    Best of luck to you!

God, using a blanket to clean up a throw up mess? maybe she thought you were that picky with your towels!!
    I'd love to hear what she was thinking on that one!
    I'm sorry this is happening to you, but thanks for the laugh!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• oh they are gone. they stayed just as a visit.the husband is more my hubbys friend and the wife just tagged along with the kids so not really "friends" and it was just a casual"hey that'd be fun" visit. when i said "hey what are you doing??" when i walked in on her cleaning the throw up with the blanket she said "oh it was just my first thought to do"..ughhhhh!!!
    Anonymous

• that the why i make our house rules very clear way before we have people stay over.
    1. NO eating outside the kitchen or dining room
    2. you make a mess you clean it up
    3. you must contribute to meals in some way whether it be help buy the food or help clean up after meals (we are on a tight budget)
    4. you go to bed and get up when we get up(we dont have extra bedrooms)

my friends and family know that im a neat freak and they do clean up after themselves, i never had any problems with company staying over. the ones who dont agree to my rules end up staying in a motel, by their choice not mine
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• This is why I try to avoid having people over nights. You just never know what you're going to get. She could have put her son in trainers instead of letting him soak the bed sheets. And she should have asked you what she can use ahead of time to clean up messes. Seems like some people think they're on vacation and act like you're their personal maid when they come over.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2010