circumcision

my son was cirscumcised when he was born but it doesnt even look like he is at all. and when i took him to gethis shots the doctor thought he wasnt and she said when he was bigger it would be as if he wasnt. and i was wondering if i should get it redone or if he is too old now. he is 7 months.

mommyinjune0992

Asked by mommyinjune0992 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if kids are a little bit chunky as babies you can't really tell, my doc said the same thing (excpet he knew he was bc he did it) he said it will poke out when he's taller and it did.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Can't tell you... I didn't have my son circumcized, because I don't see any reason to. It's just cosmetic... So unless you need to do it for religious reasons, I'd say you should leave it alone. If HE decides he wants it done later, that's up to him.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• well we did do it for religious reasons just feel like it might be too late
    mommyinjune0992

Answer by mommyinjune0992 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• No way, there is no real reason to do it other than religious, and cosmetic which is unfair in the first place, that would be painful. He can grow up just fine without it done lots and lots of men do.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• It would definitely be pretty painful at this point.... I still think it would be better to just leave it alone until he's old enough to make up his own mind. Besides, you don't really know what it's going to look like until he's older anyway, so why not just wait and see? If it was for religious reasons, you DID do it, shouldn't that be enough?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• it makes me wonder....if he's going to be the same as an uncircumcised man after the operation, then what would it have been like if you had never had it done....?
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Why have it done? Would you really riks general anestetics for cosmetic reasons? At least your son has some skin for his penis to grow.
    Anonymous