I'm having a boy, circumcision?!

Daddy says yes for sure, I grew up in a house with 4 sisters, one older brother I rarely saw. So I'm kind of freaked out at my son going through that pain although haven't made an arugment out of it because I don't have that strong of an opinion other than I hear it's "cleaner" . My question is, can't they numb that part? I don't wanna sit there doing nothing while they're literally cutting into him. That's like one of my you-know-whats" down there being sliced off without painkillers OUCH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You mean "you know whats" as in lips right?
    Anonymous

• Nip the tip!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Tell them not to do it then.

Answer by louise2 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• OP here, Yes ANON that's what I meant, I used "lips" in another post and got deleted for it.
    Anonymous

• OP Again, so there's no way they can numb him??
    Anonymous

• yes, I think they inject a small amount of novicane, but ask your dr to double check
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• no they wont numb it, I don't see any reason to have it done, it is not really cleaner. There are a lot of people now that do not have it done, and you DH may only say yes because he was, which is silly.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• yes they can numb him, but no it is not cleaner. My husband is circ'd, but our two boys are not. They are 6 and 4 and I don't do anything special to their penises. They have so far, never had any problems or infections.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 6:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• They can and do numb it. It's a personal choice so I'm not going to say do it or don't. They also use a special ring nowdays so they don't cut too much or cut where they aren't supposed to cut. Like everyone else a baby has a certain threshold of pain so it may not even bother him in the least. My bff had her boy done and he slept through the whole thing. Follow instructions for proper care if you do it and you should have no problems.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Most men that are will tell you to do it to your child but every man I have talked to that isn't doesn't mind and is happy with the way they are. Your husband doesn't know any different so of course he wants to hjave your son circ'd. My son is adopted so we didn't have a choice and is not circ'd, if he really doesn't like it when he is older he can go himself and have it done.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2010