should i have a say in my babys name?

ok my hubby wants his first son named after him. his name is Glen Frank ****** and i hate the name. but thats his dream his 1st son be named after him. well im haveing him and its my 1st son to. i want to name him after my father matthew . what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• seeif you guys can comprimise and have his 1st name be one of your hubs names, or your fathers name, and have the middle name be the other...like matthew glen, or glen mattew
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Stand up for what you want, maybe have a compromise name him Matthew Glenn, or soemthing like that. You should have a say so you need to has it out and tell him that it is your son too .
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Or you can let him name the first child and you name the second child.

Answer by louise2 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Compromise... Matthew Glen.... or Glen Matthew.... My hubby had to name our son Ethan, so I knew that and honored that. He picked his first name and I picked the middle.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My Dh and I decided I would pick the girls first name he'd pick her middle name, and he'd pick the boys first name I would pick the middle name, unless they were what we couldn't handle.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Talk it out.
    Anonymous

• My husband wanted to name our child too....however, to get the name of our first son MY preference, I said "I had to change my name against what I really wanted to YOUR last name, so I get to choose the name of our son."

I wanted to keep my maiden name, but it meant alot to my husband for me to change it to his. I would have preferred my husband change his last name to MINE, but he wouldn't budge...so I got my way. With regard to my 2nd son, who will be born this May - I intend to simply write the name I want on the paperwork while in the hospital.... tee hee....He won't go for the first name that I want (Cylar), so I am not going to go with his preference of my husband's own middle name (Andrew)....the middle name will be Cylar....the first name we agreed can be Colin......

He wants Colin Andrew - I am going to change it to put on the paperwork, Colin Cylar.....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Try to compromise. My husband wanted to name our first daughter Hazel Rachelle, because his moms name is Hazel. I hated this and told him, him then we should name our son after my dad, his name is Orazio. We decided to name our twins after no one:-) We used his moms name as a middle name for our youngest child.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yes,You have a say,it's your body! My dh had breathed something about naming our son Shawn. I have always disliked shawn,sean ugh. I simply decided upon a name on my own and that was that. I felt like if I am going through nine months of having my body over taken by this little guy~I should be the one given the honor of choosing his name. I did, and I adore his name.
    Anonymous

• if nothing else, flip a coin?
    Anonymous