how old was your daughter when you trusted them to wipe on their own after using the bathroom?

my daughter is 3, she will be 4 in april. she has been potty trained for over a year now, and has no problem wiping when she pees, but when she goes number two she still needs me to help her . she does try, but she doesn't always get it all. i was just wondering at what age i should expect her to do it on her own completely, and if there is any way i can help her learn to do it better. she is going to preschool this year and i want her to be able to do it better by then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is almost 20 and I still don't trust that she does it right!!!! HAHAHA

I think it's probably different for each child. But you will know for sure when you watch over her and all of a sudden she does it well consistently!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My 5 yr old sd still has issues with that. I have been with them since August, their grandparents had them until then and did not make sure they did anything. I had to discover the dirty panties to understand she did not know how to wipe at all. She did not even know that you wipe front to back, the 7rd old did not know that either. What I am doing is get her to do it first then check her, when she shows she can get it done consistantly, then she can do it on her own.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Perhaps buying those flushable wet wipes they make for children now would help them get cleaner. I know, depending on the "consistency" of the poop, it's hard to get off there with just dry toilet paper.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is going to be 5 in April and I wipe her #2. She does it on her own at preschool and I never see any dirty panties, but she doesn't even really try at home. My hubby is concerned about her not cleaning well enough and I have no problem helping her and showing by example....but I don't see any light at the end of this tunnel! LOL! I fear its one of those things (like blowing her nose) she will admit to not wanting to learn in order to "stay you're little baby forever!!!"
    AngelaKeeling

Answer by AngelaKeeling at 10:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My daughter was 5 when we started making her do it herself without us following up.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• With a girl I think that it's extremely imprortant to make sure that they are wiping GOOD and the right direction.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• both my kids were 4. when they wiped on their own. somedays were better then others but after 2 or 3 weeks they got the hang og it, good luck:)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2010