How do you tell someone you can't be their friend anymore?

okay, so i have this friend. shes got several kids, by several different fathers. shes now married (for the 4th time, i think?) and is pregnant again. she got angry with me when i asked her if the baby was her husbands. i figured it was a logical question adn didnt mean it offensively, just asked out of curiosity, since her mans been deployed for a year. he WAS home for a few weeks last month, but i forgot that.

so my question is, how can i tell her i just cant be her friend anymore? i cant be friends with someone who gets angry when i ask a logical question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't call it a logical question- it's not something that most anyone would like being asked.
    I agree with rkoloms, but since you want to dump her anyway, I suppose there's no point in you apologizing.
    She may not want to be your friend after this.
    Anonymous

• Wow? Seriously? You'd be doing her a favor to go on about your business... As a military wife, I find this offensive. As a woman who has been married more than once, I find this offensive. And even if you were SURE that the baby wasn't her husband's, you had no business asking her.

What kind of "friend" judges another? If I'd been her, I'd have been P.O.'d too!
    winterrose982

Answer by winterrose982 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• It is an incredibly rude and judgmental question. You owe her an apology.

She may not want to continue being your friend.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• You probably don't need to worry about her coming around anymore. You are so rude, she is probably trying to drop you. You do need to apologize.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2010