Horrible Morning (more like all day) Sickness

I am 7 weeks pregnant today and I just started with morning sickness a few days ago. It last ALLLLLL day, no breaks! :( It is terrible. Soo...What are/were some of your remedies? What are/were some foods and beverages that you were able to eat and keep down??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• water and SALTED saltine crackers.the unsalted just taste horrible to me. ginger ale was good for me. this pregnancy its been granny smith apples..i eat one as soon as i get up and im able to eat breakfast. lemons work well. hot lipton tea too.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• 1. Seabands acupressure wrist bands. $12 at drug store.
    2. Lavender oil on your wrists and behind your ears.
    3. If you wear contacts, take them out and put on your glasses.
    4. I know it sounds totally opposite of good but I swear to you-- suck a lemon slice!
    5. rice crackers. sometimes just suck on them.
    6. ginger ale, ginger dressing, ginger slices, ginger candy
    7. steamed rice with ginger dressing was my only meal for weeks
    8. suck on TUMS

Keep an empty cup in your car for emergencies while driving. A big one.
    Wear your sunglasses when throwing up in a public bathroom to keep the toilet water from splashing your face.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I lived on crackers and tea. Hopefully you'll only have to put up with it for another couple of weeks. Mine was over by 12 weeks.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I really liked "Preggie Pop Drops" (although the name is AWFUL). I think my DH picked them up at Motherhood Maternity or one of those places. The were citrus candy specially made to help with morning sickness- same idea as the lemon suggestion above- it doesn't seem like it would help, but it really does. It was the only thing that made me feel better. (And I threw up A LOT) Good luck, feel better soon- most people say that morning sickness is a good sign for healthy baby :)
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 10:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010