Have you ever done a fast?

If you have, what kind of fast did you do?
How long was your fast preparation and how long was your actual fast?
What kinds of foods do you think our best to wean yourself off of a fast?
What were you reasons for fasting?
What have been the greatest benefits of fasting in your experience?
Anything else you'd like to share?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have used Beachbody's 2 day fast formula. You drink it 3 times a day for 2 days and just have other liquids in between. It was hard but I felt really good afterwards. It really helps detoxify your body. I wouldn't fast any longer that though.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 11:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Fasts are terrible for you. They make your body think it's going through a starvation diet. Sure you will lose weight but it's not what you think. Your body reacts by going into "starvation mode", metabolism falls, your body holds on to fat and gets rid of muscle (it uses up a lot of energy).
    I don't recommend fasts obviously... eating every 2-3 hours will have the best affect. It will up your metabolism and help lose weight and tone up.Clean eating is the best and easiest option.
    taylorryan

Answer by taylorryan at 8:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I'm not trying to lose weight.
    and fasts can be very beneficial. many studies show that those who don't eat for a few day every once in a while actually live longer.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I like my food too much to fast for a few days.I have heard that fasting is good for the soul though.I would just worry after the fast I would inhale any food I come in contact with and gain a boatload of unwanted weight.Good luck.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 30, 2010