Odd coincidence?

I am not a conspiracy theorist, I find most of them ridiculous and rest a stretch at best. This seems like a huge coincidence, though. The same week Obama is desperately trying to save his career and convince everyone the economy is doing better, TWO major Japanese auto makers have had sudden massive recalls: first Toyota, and now today Honda. Seems an odd coincidence right when O is trying to convince everyone the GM buy in and bank bailouts were a good and necessary thing. What better way to boost GM sales than to have 2 of its largest competitors suddenly labeled in everyone's minds as damaged goods?

And ironic that all these recalls are putting Americans out of work, unlike GM layoffs, which put Mexicans out of work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The same week Obama is desperately trying to save his career

What? Are you on drugs? Obama will be fine!

So far as Odd coincidence... I think you are stretching your imagination....
    Anonymous

• Blah Blah Blah
    Anonymous

• Interesting. I hadn't thought about it. But the Toyota recalls have not made me thin poorly of them. I like it when a company does a recall to fix problems instead of letting customers find out later on their own that something was wrong. I'm a big fan of Toyota vehicles and always will be. Sshhh... don't tell my brother though- he works for GM.
    Anonymous

• If this was something a president could do, they would have done it years ago!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

Not so much.

No John Edwards, yes-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• What a weird thing to think...the Toyota problem has been going on for a while now, they just now halted all sales of some of their models because they are finding the problem to be bigger than they thought, which I think is responsible of them. And why do you think that the GM layoffs affected Mexicans more than Americans? Just wondering, I've never heard that before...
    Anonymous

• It does make you think, when you put it like that. But, I think it is probably more coincidental than deliberate.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Nothing would surprise me but I don't think he has that much control, GOD forbid...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• And why do you think that the GM layoffs affected Mexicans more than Americans?

Because GM moved most of their plants to Mexico years ago and left empty factories in Michigan where they used to be.
    Anonymous

• I don't think Toyota or Honda would bend over backwards to save any U.S political career...so for your conspiracy to follow, it would have to be sabotage...which i think would be very hard to pull off AND keep a secret.
    Anonymous