Love your BODY!!!

. i just read a thing on newsweek... retouching is so dumb! and the one on there is even more skinnier than TWIGGY!! why do women wanna look sickly thin? the normal size for a woman is 12. not 1 or 0!!! im a size 12 i may not be blonde skinny and dumb but i have brains. i've gone thro anorexia and bulimia. I now accept my self my & my whole body. i'm 5'7'' and 170lbs. i have celulite on my thighs my arms are flabby, i have stretch marks. but i have curves like valleys. LADIES I WANT YOU TO LOVE YOUR BODIES!!!!

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 8:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm 5'2 and roughly 110lbs. But I've got celulite on my thighs and stretch marks there and on my belly and sides (the stretch marks on my side were there even before I ever got pregnant lol) And I love my body. Actually sometimes, I wish I could gain weight. But it's impossible.
    Anonymous

• Have you seen the website Shape of a Mother? http://theshapeofamother.com/
    It's amazing, and it's so great to see so many other women who aren't ashamed of themselves and their bodies.

Another great one is http://operationbeautiful.com/
    I'm so glad things like these exist to counter all the terrible messages we are constantly getting from TV and magazines!
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• im not preg either and have them on my love handles haha
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 8:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• So why did you go through anorexia and bulimia? Tell the thoughts on that and how to prevent it? B.t.w. 170 and 5'7" is not over weight.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i was a 7th grader when i first started to do that. i was 5'5'' then and 130. this boy always told me i was fat everyday.. and finally i couldnt take it. i quit eating school lunches...then progressed into bulimia.. i would eat dinner with my family.. and then go to the bathroom and pretend i was going pee. i did this for 2 years, then the ending of my 8th grade year my mom had had enough and had me talk to a counseler. she didnt change my mind either about it. i ended up weighing 119. my mom pulled me out of school and said lets go for a ride. i was sure whatever. well it ended up going to a mental hospital. it scared the shit out of me. i was in the hospital for 3 weeks. i wasnt allowed to exercise either cus at home i would run 2 miles everyday after school and sports. they monitored my eating and i wasnt allowed to potty by myself. i was also told if i kept it up i wouldnt be able to have kids. con.-----> below
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 8:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• and i ate the all three meals during HS. and gained a lil weight back. then i worked at a food place and gained more. to a normal weight. I think what made me decided to get over the eating disorder was the kids. because i always dreamed of having them and i didnt want to ruin it. im married now and my husband doesnt joke about weight or my flabby arms or cellulite legs, or stretch marked love handles. i finally accepted myself over 2 years ago. and plus sized models make me feel even more beautiful.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 8:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• it has to be YOU to decided not to harm your body. bulimia kills lots of women. it damages your heart. If you watch the TV show House. and the one where the lady cuts and is bulimic well that scares you. you can damage a lot of vital organs in your body doing it. dont starve your body. your beautiful inside and out.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 9:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I got a Victoria Secrets magazine today, yes I'm hating 'cause I'm pregnant, but really started to notice all these models pics. Their boobs seem HUGE (thanks to pushup bras) and then even their butts are so nice, tight, toned, yes shapely round...then I realized...in ALL THEIR shoots they are SO POSING..seriously?! So lets be a size 0 or 00 so we can what?! Squeez our boobs together in a pushup bra? Or arch our backs so it makes our butts stick out?! lol or the pose with their arms up in the air, of course making their stomach look soo taunt and thin ...wow. I guess the message is "Be a size 0 so you can pose, attempting for curves"...wtf
    Anonymous

• i got their mag today too. i like the FULL COVERAGE BRAS. but i hate looking in them cause i know they are FAKE...all they do is exercise all day. no good food... i want to enjoy life! eat good things and ALL i've to to IMPRESS is my husband. nobody else.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 9:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010