IUD. . .

LADIES WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THEE IUD???? I DIDNT KNOW THAT IT COULD ALLOW CONCEPTION BUT CAUSE YOU TO SHED YOUR LINING RESULTING IN MISCARRY. . . . THIS HAPPENED TO ME I DO BELIEVE AND I FEEL REALLY BAD I THOUGHT THEE IUD WAS SUPPOSED TO PREVENT CONCEPTION NOT ALLOW IT AND THEN ABORT IT. . . . :( OPINIONS LADIES?

ZARYUS_MOMMY

Asked by ZARYUS_MOMMY at 8:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Health

• How Does
    Both types of IUDs primarily work in the same fashion: by preventing the fertilization of an egg. While experts aren't exactly sure how, it is suspected that the IUD alters the movement of an egg or sperm making conception difficult. However, ovulation still occurs when you use an IUD.

IUDs that contain hormones also work by thicken a woman's cervical mucus thereby creating a natural barrier to sperm. As well, the hormones help to alter the uterine lining in order to inhibit implantation of a fertilized egg. Although copper IUDs also alter the endometrial lining and prevent implantation from occurring, the copper contained within the IUD works to increase the production of prostaglandins, hormones that help support a pregnancy.

mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I JUST FEEL REALLY BAD BECAUSE THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT THEE PARAGUARD PREVENTS IMPLANTATION BUT CONCEPTION CAN STILL TAKE PLACE IM REALLY NOT FOR ABORTING A BABY EVERYTIME IT MAY HAPPEN I THINK I WANT IT OUT
    ZARYUS_MOMMY

Answer by ZARYUS_MOMMY at 8:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Well don't use hormonal BC's either then, because they are also a two-tiered birth control that act both to prevent conception, and to prevent implantation if conception does occur. Only barrier methods act solely by preventing conception.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2010