What will happen at MEPS when DH goes?

DH is going to meps next week, he is in the guard now and has recieved his conditional release, fit to win, etc. Do we need to know bases to request to go or do they give us choices of options, or what?
Thanks ladies

SuzanneL09

Asked by SuzanneL09 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• You have a "wishlist" or "dream" list and can select three locations, but hey you're property of the United States in the end, it's their say
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Do you have any suggestions on what we should have on our dream list? If it helps we are army and dh is a chaplain asst.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I live in Colorado Springs, Fort Carson is like 2 miles away a big post and alot of people ask for it. But then again, it's all what you want, some ppl pick bases in Germany, some ppl will go with bases like Fort Bragg, Fort Benning, Fort Bliss etc depending on where your families are etc. Fort Steward, Fort Lewis. etc. etc. etc. It;s all about where you wanna go, try to keep at least ONE though "realistic" you can dream/hope for Germany or Hawaii, but keep something realistic here in the US too
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• PS I also noticed you're a member on here of "Army wives" group. I would reccomend posting this question in that group and you'll probably get more answers from other army wives :) I was briefly married to a guy in the army and have lived around it since I was 15 so I know quite a bit, but I'd go with posting for more feedback
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I didn't get anything on my wish list. And I have like 5 choices up there. But going to Germany would be awesome, I lived there for a couple of years.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• You don't get to fill out your "dreamlist" until his A-school in which case they'll give you a list of bases that his field is needed at and he can request a specific one. Of course there is no guarentee that they'll send him to his desired base.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• He is not having to go to any schools/basic/ait since he already did this when he entered guard and is still certified/whatever you call it.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Then they go off (I think) what he orignally filled out...
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• he has not filled anything out, so i detter prepare some choices for him. When you do guard you do not list stations, or so I was told.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010