how do you kno if your mucus plug is coming out?or can it this is my first pregnancy so idk...

its like a whiteish milkey stuff that is jus dripping out for no reason im 28 weeks what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its usually very thick and gel like with a little blood in it sometimes
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I DNT THINK THAT IS YOUR PLUG LUV THAT MAY JUS BE REGULAR DISCHARGE;) ITS ONE OF THEE DOWNSIDES TO PREGNANCY YOUR PLUG HONESTLY LOOKS LIKE A REALLY BIG BOOGER. . . . YUCK RIGHT? LOL ITS STICKY TOO LIKE LONG SNOT LOL BUT YOU SHOULD MAKE A DR.S APPT JUST TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT YOUR WATER LEAKING LUV GUD LUCK
    ZARYUS_MOMMY

Answer by ZARYUS_MOMMY at 8:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• if this is your first pregnancy you should not have a plug-- if you have cramping or bleeding you should go to the Er if youre just nervous you should drink some cool fluids and watch a good movie
    Anonymous

• its jelly like, or stringy and sticky. it can have a tinge of blood, it can be clear in color or pink or red. but if theres alot of blood, go straight to the hospital
    Anonymous

• if this is your first pregnancy you should not have a plug
    -----------------------
    everyone has a plug, it prevents bacteria from entering your cervix.
    Anonymous

• LOL NT HAVING A PLUG WITH 1ST PREGNANCY??? WHO SAYS THAT LOL
    ZARYUS_MOMMY

Answer by ZARYUS_MOMMY at 8:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I had the milky white discharge while pregnant, it turned out to be a yeast infection even though I had no other syptoms.

all I remember of my mucus plug was I went to wipe and it looked like I had blown my nose when I had a cold with streaks of blod in it (think sinus infection in winter) Gross I know, but that's the best I can explain it as. It's mucus, so is snot, so they will look similar.

HTH
    Anonymous

• yes, sounds like discharge. your mucous plug looks like a great big glob of boogers - lol.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• um you get aplug wether is your 1st or 6th pregnacy. mine lookes like a bugger with blood
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• everyone has a mucus plug, but not everyone notices it when or if they lose it. and it sounds like it's just extra discharge to me. but, if you are really concerned, call your care provider and ask.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2010