crafts/entertainment to do with my 1 year old?

I know there prob isn't much I can really do at this age with him, but I was curious as to any ideas for crafts I can do with him? Its icey and snowy outside now and definitely can not bundle up and go out right now. So any ideas would be great for entertainment/crafty ideas. Thanks!

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ever thought of homemade finger paint with 2 cups of flour and 2 cups of water. then for color use little bit of food coloring. or even use pudding to paint with when they are in there high chair.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Homemade playdoh (flour, water and food coloring) & cookie cutters
    Silly stuff like pipecleaners through a styrofoam/paper plate,
    Gluesticks and cinnamon used as glitter
    You could buy low sugar frosting, whip it with a mixer, use popsicle sticks to spread it on icecream cones and decorate it with sprinkles.
    Dump a box of rice krispies into 3 bowls and use measuring spoons to play with them as you would play on a sand/water table.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• if he likes to climb, i usaly bring my lil ones mattress out and put a laundry basket tiped over and prop the mattress up on the basket and the other end either down on floor or on the coutch. just the mattress itself is fun for them to play on when its on the living room floor
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Put things with different textures into plastic baggies. Cereal he can crunch up through the bag, hard dried beans, cooking oil, pudding, anything that'd feel cool and different and can be played with through the bag.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I have found great arts & crafts/entertainment ideas at familyfun.com. It caters to every age.
    fergie0220

Answer by fergie0220 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• fill an empty water bottle half way with water, add blue food coloring. Fill another 1/4 or so with oil (like vegetable oil). Put the lid on TIGHT. When baby plays with it, the oil and water mix and make fun bubbles.

fill ziplock with instant pudding mix. add water/ milk whatever it calls for. seal TIGHTLY. baby plays and squishes it and a few minutes later- pudding!
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 10:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2010