would you have said anything?

so we were at my hubby's friends house awhile ago and she has 2 boys. and her youngest is 6 months. she said that he was ready for bed and put him in his pack n' play to go to sleep for the night...well when we came in the door to her home(which you walk into where she has the pack and play set up) there were AT LEAST 20 roaches crawling in the pack n' play. she layed him down admist these bugs. i went in to check on him remembering i seen bugs in it and yep they were still there crawling around him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would have said something. That is not cool. Roaches can crawl into a baby's ear or nose and cause serious infection. F*ck embarrassing her! She ought to be 'shamed of herself! I mean, I understand that maybe one can't control how roaches get INTO your place, but one CAN control how long they stay there.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 9:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• seriously! i would have definately wanted to say something...i dont know what it would have been, but oh my goodness....i can't even imagine. i dont know if i would even be able to be in the house if there were all those roaches.... what did your hubby say?
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• OMG
    Anonymous

• Of course I would have said something!! Not in a condescending, judgemental way...something like, "I don't know if you noticed that there are a few bugs crawling in the baby's bed?" Maybe she didn't notice them.

Roaches suck. They are so hard to get rid of. So don't assume they are dirty people.
    Anonymous

• Yeah i would have said something. That's just nasty gross and they can make her son sick.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• You should be worried for yourself as well, the eggs could get on/in your shoes or clothing and you might get them now..

Anonymous

• OMG
    report to social services PLEASE
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• OP ~~ anon :03 well they are dirty people. i KNOW this because their trashcan was tipped over,trash EVERYWHERE and she goes "please dont mind the mess i hate cleaning" also whenever you go over there you cannot sit down on her couch for 10 minutes without a roach crawling on you. her house is an utter diaster. dirty diapers laying around.yea..id say dirty people.
    Anonymous

• YES! I would have said "Oh My, there are ROACHES in the play pen". Then maybe the Mom could have pretended to not know and take the baby out of there!

WOW! That is gross! In Arizona, ants actually killed a newborn baby by biting and then eating him/her. It was sad.
    Anonymous

• wow...yeah, i would make an anonymous report to social services if things are really like that. definately not healthy.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2010