What to do with a mean two year old?

My two year old does not listen and she is very mean to everyone. I have tried time out and taking toys away, but she just doesn't understand yet. How do I get her to listen and stop being so mean to everyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used to pretend to cry and say "Mommy is sad because your are not being very nice right now."

Also, a two year is just learning independence and is trying you out right now. Do not take it too serious. It WILL get better.
    Anonymous

• Ohhh the terribles. My little son is starting that and biting me! Anyway...they hate being isolated. I'm not talking about time out, but in their room away from everyone by themselves. It works well with my little one.
    Anonymous

• this is gonna sound crazy but I ground my son for 1 minute. I put the baby gate up in a corner or in a room that has nothing in it and he can roam and cry for that minute. It takes alot longer than one time though. But if its over a toy or something He gets it taken away for a week. He has so many others he can care less but when he gets it back he doesn't throw it at anyone or push it down the stairs or whatever the cause of getting it taken away for. He used to bite us all the time but then we started to pull his tongue out of his mouth and hold it. He would bite his own tongue and we told him biting hurts and that took about 3 times til he stopped.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 6:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2010