Why are there so many scholorships and groups that are for other races, but if a white group comes along it's considered racist?

Why is there a double standard????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• oh brother
    Anonymous

• here we go
    Anonymous

• What? Maybe if you knew how to spell scholarship you wouldn't have a problem.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Good question. The Affirmative Action is the one that kills me. If a white student applies to a college with higher grades, highter test scores, more extracurricular activities, etc. they may not get accepted because a minority student applied at the same time...even if that student's grades aren't as good. Now how is that fair? Sounds like reverse discrimination in my book. The white student is basically being punished for not being a minority.
    Anonymous

• I agree. Those that are born in the United States should really call themselves "An American. Not, African American, Asian American, Italian American, Mexican American, etc. First and foremost they are an American of (African Descent, etc., etc.,).

This is why people separate themselves and then complain.

Scholarships should really be based on merit, not ethnicity, etc.

THIS IS MY OPINION. Please do not get offended ladies. I do have a right to voice my thoughts her in AMERICA. afterall, I am a born in the United States All American Woman.
    Anonymous

• The white student is basically being punished for not being a minority.

In other words, he's being punished for the color of his skin and not the content of his character. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous

• Those that do not like the question should not even bother to post. Everyone here is posting willingly. You do not have to participate if you do not want to. You don't have to criticize the person for asking the question.

After all, this Is AMERICA. It is our right to do so.Get over it.
    Anonymous

• ON COLLEGE APPLICATIONS OR FAFSA APPLICATIONS THE 2010 CENSUS, ETC. THERE IS NO CHOICE FOR "AMERICAN." THE CHOICES INCLUDE, CAUCASIAN, AFRICAN AMERICA, ASIAN, SOUTH PACIFIC ISLANDER, AMERICAN INDIAN, HISPANIC, ETC.

SCHOLARSHIPS ARE BASED ON MERIT AND NOT ETHNICITY.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you but people are going to flip over this post becaue apparently only white people can be racist. It's rediculous. I don't care what color a person is and I'm tired of the double standard.
    Anonymous

• I dunno....but considering that my last name is now Latino and my first name is in Latin, people are crazy confused and I get approved for certain things on this basis. Never anywhere have I stated my actual race, people just assume because of the two names. It has also caused me to wait an entire hour at the hospital once for a translator that I did not need, based solely upon the name on my patient chart. Never mind the fact that the nurse who checked me in conversed with me entirely in English, the only language that I speak. Mankind is just odd that way I am thinking. : )
    Anonymous