Do SAHMs not want to leave the house?

We have a group of 4 moms that have been good friends for years. 3 of us work and 1 is a SAHM. She never wants to go out anymore. Every weekend we are going to movies, museums, etc.. and she doesnt go. I know her and her daughter are sitting at home. The only time she comes over is when we are staying at someone'e house.
What is up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She could be depressed. Don't judge!
    Anonymous

• She probably has a good reason. How about asking her in private? Give her a break. Maybe she has no extra money because she does not work. Maybe she likes staying home with her daughter? Nothing wrong with that.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes stay at home moms have less help from their partners cuz partner thinks a stay at home mom wants to stay home 24 7 not only 8 or 9 hours a day.

Does she have a partner? How does the partner treat her? Maybe they have probls you're not aware of. I'm a stay at home mom too. My husband had very hard times wanting to be with out kids so I could go out. I know some other husbands like mine.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• maybe her kid is in a "stage" and just doesn't want to take her out in public right now. maybe she does alot during the weekdays and so weekends are more like a down time. maybe because it's winter. i'm a SAHM and cuz it's winter i hate leaving the house. i only do it if i have to.
    Anonymous

• no, there isnt anything wrong with it, it just seems like she could want to. i know she stays home all week and doesnt do much. Im not judging and i wanted to get some info here before asking her since she hasnt volunteered the info.
    Anonymous

• Does she have a partner? How does the partner treat her? Maybe they have probls you're not aware of. I'm a stay at home mom too. My husband had very hard times wanting to be with out kids so I could go out. I know some other husbands like mine.

that is a possibility. i think he treats her well, she has never complained.. but who really knows. she doesnt seem depressed... but it is possible her DH wants them home.
    Anonymous

• After being a SAHM for 10 years....it's depression. Your home all day, day after day after day. Same things, clean,cook, go to bed. It turns into a routien then you feel uncomfortable to leave that. Staying home becomes "easyer" than going out, packing kids stuff up and deal with tantrums or anything else that is not of the normal as staying home.
    I would say, stop asking her to go, just show up and tell her to get out of the house, last min. She might find she enjoyed it after the fact and want to do it more. Thats what my friends did to me and it worked.
    simplysarah77

Answer by simplysarah77 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• just my experience, but being a SAHM has really affected my social anxiety disorder. The more I stay home, the more I don't want to leave the house, especially to go "out" but at a friend's house is comfortable, it's people I know. Maybe she's going through something similar.
    Anonymous

• My first thought is that she doesn't have the same ability to spend as freely as the other moms in the group. I'm a SAHM and to be able to do that I have to give up a lot of extraneous spending, so things like going out to lunch or going to movies or even paying entries to museums, then lunch, etc - it adds up!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• $$ issue maybe?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2010