The 10 commandments

So how is it possable that if we break ONE commandment that we break ALL of them?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not counted as breaking one, if you break one you "break the commandments" they are a group.

with that said, I'm no angel either but the commandments are pretty darn easy to follow if you are a moral person.
    no cheating, no stealing, no lying, respect your parents,
    Anonymous

• There's more then that, there' s the sabbath one for instance. Who really takes time out for 24 hours and sacrifices their happiness to appease God?
    Anonymous

• all sin is equal to God so even breaking on is worthy of the penalty of dealth. but the awesome thing is that Jesus fulfilled the law for us because no matter how good we could ever be there's just no possibility of being good enough. the law shows us that we can't keep the law so we can see that we need Him. Jesus said that if u lust after on that's not your spouse you've committed adultry. If u hate u've murdered. coveting is wanting anything that's someone else's. Impossible...& so beautiful!
    dcwhite4him

Answer by dcwhite4him at 10:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I get how more than one (maybe not all, but more than one) can be broken with one action. Like if I lied that would also be dishonoring my parents.
    Anonymous

• "Who really takes time out for 24 hours and sacrifices their happiness to appease God?"

-- uh, LOTS of people keep a sabbath according to varying strictness of their religions.

For me, it's not sacrificing my happiness, it's actually really nice and refreshing having a day to set aside all my normal worries and business.
    Anonymous

• it is the day of rest...and I have gone to Mass on Saturday so I can use Sunday as a do nothing do n't even leave the house type day.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Because to God - there is no sin greater than another. They are all the same in His eyes.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Catholics celebrate the sabbath?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• all sins are NOT all the same. raping someone isn't the same as throwing a gum wrapper on the floor instead of the wastebasket. God is the Most Just, the Most Fair Who Accounts for everything and Islam teaches us that whatever grain of good or bad one does..they will see it on their account in the Hereafter. God Who created classifications has the ability to judge between every details of our lives. He is the Most High, the Most Knowledgable, the Most Capable and it is God Who also micromanages everything..even the 'tiny sins'. no, all sins definitely NOT the same..
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 12:13 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Starting with the fourth...if a person works on Sabbath, he is stealing from God (breaking the 4th and 8th). Before the person steals,he must first covet. (the 10th) When a person covets, he puts his own selfish wants and desires above all, even God(breaking the 1st). The person has placed his own desires above God, forming an idol in his own mind (the 2nd). When the person breaks any of God's Commandments, he/she tramples upon God's name. (the 3rd) The TC are a transcript of God's character. If the person says or thinks that breaking even one of the TC laws doesn't matter ,he/she bears false witness against God. (the 9th ) God is our Father through creation and redemption, if a person breaks God's commandments he/she dishonors Him. (the 5th) Sin is the breaking of the law. The wages of sin is death. The person has caused his/her own death by sinning.(Romans 6:23...the 6th)
    cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2010