What will you tell your teenagers about sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is forbidden! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Well I think that if you are waiting until they are teenagers to tell them about sex, you have already made a big mistake. I plan to tell my kids that it's best to wait to have sex until they are capable of dealing with all the potential consequences, but if they do before then that it is vital to use condoms and a backup form of BC. I have already discussed this to some extent with my oldest kids who are 9.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• To use protection... We don't plan on teaching abstinence because we see no point. We want our kids to enjoy their teen years like we did. The only thing we ask is that they do it safely, they don't hide it from us and they make sure she is over 16 (the age of consent in this state) Otherwise, not much. Sex is a natural and great thing, why tell them differently...

As for the mechanics, they will know way before they are teens. We don't believe it's healthy to just spring it on them. The sex ed in this house starts from the time they can understand "private parts."
    Anonymous

• omg, IDK, my son is 6, I dread figuring this out
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I have written an article about this exact subject... 10 Reasons Sex Should Wait For Marriage. That is what I will be telling my children. That it is an amazing gift given from God to be shared within a marriage to show ultimate intimacy with your spouse and express to them how much you love them.

RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• That girls think sex=love and having sex without love is the same as lying to them. Lying to a woman pisses her off. Don't have sex with her unless you plan to marry her or have her make your life a living hell.

Or something to that effect, we have time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• That girls have a troll in their hooha and it will bite his wanker off! LMAO No, I am kidding! I will tell him that As adults we all choose whether or not to have sex. I will stress how sex is an ADULT decision with ADULT consequences if not taken seriously! I will not forbid him to have sex but I will stress the importance of being ready and prepared. I know I am not giving you a specific "speech" but I know my son will have questions and I will base the sex talk with him as he has questions.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Wow - I think my answer would be very long, so I'm definitely not going to limit this to just one "talk" with my kids or the one conversation would last for days.

I need to cover: basic physical functions, birth control and health issues, religious beliefs, relationship issues, pregnancy and parenthood.

Phew! we, as parents, have got our work cut out for us!
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I will tell them whatever they want to know. And that penis's are poisonous.
    Anonymous

• I will tell them whatever they ask whenever they ask. I will be honest and give as much detail as necissary to assure myself that they will understand the act, it's nature, it's purpose, it's benefits, and it's risks... and they will know how to approach it when they are ready.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 10:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010