For those of you on your second (or more) pregnancy...

Are you/were you more nervous going into your first labor or your second (or more) labor. I am due with baby 2 in about a month and am freaking out a lot more now that I was back in '07 with number one. Oooh ring of fire, I am sooo scared of you (the feeling right when the baby comes out- you know what I"m talking about).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had my daughter in 07 too and now this one is due in may. one thing im def scared of is if i have to have a c-section..other then that...if i have a normal vag. delivery then im not worried at all..if you can do it once you can do it again. jus need to be a lil more confident.
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I'm honestly not so scared of this second labor I've got coming.

Though I get where you're coming from. I had a kidney stone (which was more painful than labor) and I'm quite scared of ever having another one of those.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• No I am more confident in my ability and getting what I want out of my labor this time I was woefully uninformed the first time and this time I will be in control
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• i was very scared of my 2nd one i had an all natural birth with my first (bad thing ) lol so then my 2nd i decided i wanted the epidural and i was scared shitles lol now im preg with baby #3 and i have decided to go with out the epidural ( unless i feel i cant do it ) and im terrified lol i think it always is worse b/c you know what happened with your other births lol
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I had my 1st in 05, wasn't nervous or scared. But with this one, due at the end of March, I'm very nervous... I guess because this whole pregnancy has been completely opposite of my first... And I've read too much on the net about different problems that could arise.
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I was terrified with the first because I knew nothing of what to expect. No one would tell me! That alone made it even scarier. I mean, if it was no big deal, they would have talked about it right?

With the second I was much more relaxed because I knew, for the most part, what to expect and how it all works. And that birth was easier, 1) because I wasn't as scared and tense and 2) I knew what to do and when.

With my third it was even easier. My second birth went smoother than the first for the reasons listed above, so the third was even less frightening.

I'm expecting my fourth and I have already informed the midwives that if everything goes as I expect it will, we will be checking out at precisely 24 hours.
    Anonymous

• I know what to expect now... and of course the epidural was amazing! I think I'm more afraid of after delivery.. actually bringing the baby home, sharing my love with it as well as my son.. will I have enough?, adjusting to lack of sleep.. since I won't be able to nap when baby naps, and of course the healing process. Also, I'm scared because my first labor was less than 7 hours and I hear the first is the longest.. I'm getting married in March and moving across the country. I'm worried about going into labor and not being able to get a hold of my hubby and not being able to find someone to take me to the hospital (for some reason I'm deathly afraid of calling 911 lol)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i'm really excited for my 2nd birth! pushing was really frustrating for me with my first but i've done a lot of research and decided this time no directed pushing/coached pushing/purple pushing, whatever you want to call it. natural, spontaneous pushing all the way!!!!!
    Anonymous