Why is it ok for a woman to have a choice but, a man has NO choice?

Women have three choices when they find out they are pregnant: adoption, abortion or parenting. A man can't stop a woman from aborting his kid because "its her body." Can't stop adoption unless he acts fast and has a good attorney. But, if a women CHOOSES to parent the man has to pay child support whether he wanted the kid or not. Seems a little unfair. What is your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, the woman also has the choice not to tell him and then he just doesn't know.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Guy should keep it in his pants til marriage then
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• He did have a choice...it was to use a condom or not to have sex !!!!

Anonymous

• I agree it isn't fair, he should have a say in his child's life it takes two to make a baby it should take two to make the choices, but the sad thing is most men dont care enough so it may never change..
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• A wife can have and abortion without his support so the marriage thing really doesn't hold up here nice try though.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• She could keep some condoms on hand herself and demand the use of them or use birth control.
    It takes 2 people to get pregnant.
    Good question.
    I don't think there's an answer for it tho-
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 10:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Men have three choices too, abstain, use a condom or man up and take responsibility if they fail at the first two.
    leegirl_jm

Answer by leegirl_jm at 10:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• a man can sign some papers putting away his rights as a parent. not having to pay child support.
    Anonymous

• I've heard of situations where the man wanted to "man up" and embrace the role of fatherhood and raise the child, and the woman aborted anyway despite his desires.

...stories like that do seem very unfair to me.
    Anonymous

• Just because a man SAYS he's going to do something, does not mean he will. The way I see it, its our bodies untimely our choice. and 9 times out of 10 its the women left with the responsibility of taking care of the child. Now with those odds, I can understand why we WOMEN our the ones with the ultimate choice.

I've heard of situations where the man wanted to "man up" and embrace the role of fatherhood and raise the child, and the woman aborted anyway despite his desires.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2010