Need answers.

How far into pregnancy would you say it is ok to split wood. I mean with a axe lol. When would if be physically bad to be doing such a thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You shouldn't do it at all it uses abdominal muscles and stretches the abdominal area in odd ways and could hurt you and the baby very badly please don't do it, find a teenaged boy to do it or a neighbor something but splitting wood is not a pregnancy safe activity.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• if you are proficient with an axe, I would say up until about 20/24 weeks. Once the abdominal muscles pull apart it is hard to have as much control over your uppper body.
    If you are not used to chopping wood with an axe, I would say don't do it until after your pregnancy. Just to err on the side of caution.
    Anonymous

• I would ask your doctor but I think Anon's answer makes sense. I did yoga up until about a week or two before birth and there are a few poses that stretch your abs. I think around week 20 I had to start modifying some of the poses. Mostly they were the poses where you are laying on your belly, though. I still stretched my belly in some of them if I remember correctly.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• IF you have ever split wood with an axe you would tell her NO, that is soooooo physically demanding that it can cause serious problems you shouldn't do it at all.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:56 AM on Jan. 30, 2010