Appendicitis<<~~~ Please answer!!!

I just looked up the symptoms, and have most of them other than the nausea. I just started hurting in my lower right quadrant, and the pain intensifies when I move, walk, stand... Could this be Appendicitis? Have any of you had it? What is the treatment? Can I avoid going to the hospital?

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 10:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Health

• Be careful go to an ER I was young people ignored my symptoms, I did trow-up, it was not until I had a hair pulling headache did some take me to the hospital, Mind ruptured I had a fever of 106. In the hospital for a month.

Anonymous

• if you have it you need to go to the hospital
    I was in Vegas for my sister's wedding and the last night we were there I got a horrible stomach (I thought) ache it ws SO painful I could not sleep at all- I was in tears and started walking the casino in an attempt to "walk it off" it jsut kept getting worse.
    We packed up and left the next morning for a 5 hour drive home and I took ibuprofin-asprin-pepto...nothing even began to hel. We had to stop a few times for me to puke on the way. It was HORRIBLE when we got home my mom told hubby to take me to the hospital they kept me for 2 days- sent me home saying I had some issue with my ovaries and it would be fine
    cont...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• the pain had mellowed som- at least I could function...about a week later I was SO SICK and in so much pain again I went to another hospital and they admitted me- I was so sick that when they asked my name I had to think about it for a min...I was so out of it. They admitted me and I had surgery at 5am the next morning. I was in there for 8 days. The nurses all told me that there was NO way the first hospital should have sent me home- because of the blood count or whatever it should have been obvious and that my scar would not have been as bad if they had taken care of it in the first place let alone the 8 days the second time. (I had insurance through the state in AZ and I was actually visiting with my mom in CA when this happened- so I'm pretty sure that's why they let me go the first time)...anyhow- if it IS your appendix you definitely need to take care of it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• At this point I don't have a fever and the pain is staying in my lower right quadrant - straight through to my back and a little to my right leg at the top. I have taken Alieve that I have to take for my knees anyways, but so far it is not helping.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I had it when I was a junior in high school. All my symptoms happened within a day though. I was on my period so I thought I was experiencing bad cramps, but as the day went on, the pain got worse and worse. Finally at around midnight I was in tears because my side hurt so bad and it was only comfortable if I laid on my back with my right leg propped up on my left. My mom was hesitant to do anything because we just thought it was my period. Well she looked up my symptoms and appendicitis came up but I hadn't thrown up yet. Well literally 10 minutes after she read that, I threw up. She drove me to the ER, I got a cat-scan, and by 3am I was told I had to have emergency surgery. So at 8am I had an emergency appendectomy, where they made 3 little incisions...stuck a camera in one, an instrument in the other, and pulled my appendix out through the third. It wasn't too bad, and I was back in school the next week. Cont...
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I would say if it doesn't let up in a couple hours or gets worse to go...you don't want to wait if it IS your appendix- if it bursts like mine did it is VERY BAD
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Worse case scenario...you go to the ER, they run some tests, and its nothing and you are out however much money. But better safe then sorry! If it is appendicitus, and it ruptures, you are in a heap of trouble. And yes, it can become inflammed and rupture within 1 day. Mine almost did. Call your doctor on someone on call and see what they recommend.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I had all the symptoms - and I mean all - when I was about 15. Went to the doctor, found out I had a cyst on my ovary. That was 15 years ago. Just over 2 years ago I was in major pain, all kinds of weird stuff but none of the typical appy symptoms. Called the hospital because I was in so much pain and threw up tylenol, was told to go in to urgent care. Was transferred from there to the ER, where I spent 5 hours undergoing test after test after test - finally the last one showed it was my appendix - none of the normal tests showed it. So...when in doubt, go in. If it is your appendix, and you don't go it, it'll burst and you could die.
    Anonymous

• My daughter had appendicitis last July. She had been acting off all day, and by that evening was in agony. I knew exactly what it was. DD had surgery on the 4th of July, and actually felt better soon as she woke up. Go get checked out! If you're allergic to shrimp, be sure and tell the dr, it will contradict the dye for the CAT scan.
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I had horrible pains a few nights ago in my right side...but i think that i may have been just really constipated..i used the restroom and did a number 2...it still hurt after that but then i went again and i felt tons better... Have you went number 2 lately? You might just have severe gas...try sum gas-x or tums or something and see if that helps. Also try to rub your belly in circles for a little while or lay in a hot bath. But if it still persists i would go to the ER just to be on the safe side
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2010