Son scratching his face?

He won't stop. He has scratches all over his nose. If I put mittens on him he won't sleep because he can't suck his thumb. Tried cutting his nails, still does it. My healthy families case worker said it's okay for him to scratch, and that she hates when babies have mittens on their hands anyway, but I feel like there has to be something else out there. Does anyone know a good way to maybe get him to hold still so I can cut his nails GOOD? He's so squirmy I doubt I'm really cutting them at all.

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always bit my babys nails off...there paper soft and it doesnt hurt them at all. You can get them better if you bite them. Try it. and after your done sanitize his hands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Wait till he is asleep. I take an emery board and file them down. It doesn't stop but it helps a lot.
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 10:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I always waited till they were asleep to cut nails, it was so much easier.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I have always done my son's when he was sleeping. They actually have these nails clippers at the store with a little magnifying glass attached to them. That's what we have and it works great. You can really see how close you are cutting so you won't go down too far. Also like Jaymiez said...you can file them with a little nail file too. Those suckers are sharp! My sure you cut the edges too. That's how my son was always scratching himself even after I clipped his nails.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2010