How intense where your contractions when they first started? Did they start out real strong for just mildly painful?

Kaivarii

Asked by Kaivarii at 10:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't even say they were painful. I would say slightly uncomfortable. They got much worse, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• for me it was just a back ache, i took my boys swimming, went to the store and library, made dinner then laid down to read because the pain became more of a cramp every so often. By the time i was having noticeable regular contractions it still didnt hurt was just uncomfortable, and once i realized they were 5 minutes apart i was still able to load two sleeping kids and car seats into the car along with my bags get gas and snacks for my boys and drive 45 minutes to the hospital (my dh was 4 hours away picking my mom up from the airport whoops bad timing lol)

I didnt have real pain that bothered me until i was in the late stages of labor and ready to push, but keep in mind it was my 3rd baby and my only natural labor. So i was comparing it tothe pain of inductions.

My boys were both induced and the pain was bad and horrible and there was no build up it was just hard fast and ticked me off.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• for me it was uncomfortable, to a dull pain, to durable pain, to "omg that hurt like hell but i can deal with it" pain, lol. it really depends on your pain tollerence too. but after your water breaks they get more intense.

and just like the pp said, getting induced hurts WORSE
    Anonymous

• When they first started this last time I was able to go to sleep and sleep through them. Then they started to wake me up. Less than an hour and half before she was born they got unbearable.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I got induced. When the contractions first started, I thought the baby was kicking me in the ribs. Then, they felt like really bad menstrual cramps. Then I was in complete and utter agony for hours. I mean gripping-the-bed-rail-feeling-like-passing-out agony. I didn't have an epidural, but I wish I did.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I only found the early contractions to be mildly painful. No worse than menstrual cramps.
    Anonymous

• I went into labor in bed. I slept through all of my contractions and my water woke me up. LOL I got to the hospital and they started asking me the hundred questions over and over. It made me mad and come to find out I had delivered his foot so I had to go in for an emergnancy C section. I was only in labor for about 2 1/2 hours. It wasnt that bad until the very end. Good luck to you!!!
    KendraCagle

Answer by KendraCagle at 12:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I went into labor when my water broke. They pretty much sucked right away. They weren't awful right away but they were definitely uncomfortable.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 1:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Had a bit of backache/ aching legs and a slight sharp cramping in belly, i dont know how a woman can relax and sleep mine started at night when i wanted to go bed.
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 5:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• well i was crampy all night, but then it went from feeling crampy to really really intense it seemed like in no time. but i know it's different for everyone. my water also broke, and then it was an hour or 2 later that it got really intense.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2010