What's the deal with one bedroom on one floor of a house,

and the rest on the other floor??? I do not want a house with the bedrooms all over the place like that! Why is it so hard to find a NORMAL house?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Master on the main floor, the kids above them. It's what I want. We have 2 on the main and renovated the attic into a 3rd for 2 of our kids.
    Anonymous

• I would give my left ovary for the master suit to be on the main level, not upstairs with all the rest of the rooms! hahaha
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 11:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I agree! Our master is on the main floor and the other 2 bedrooms are upstairs. Drives me crazy. I don't know why this trend started but I don't like it. Thankfully we're moving soon and the new house has bedrooms all on the same floor!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I live in a house that has the main bedroom on the first floor and 2 bedrooms in the downstairs level. It's fine now because my kids are teens...but if the kids are little then how do you know they are okay or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Our master bedroom is upstairs, with two bedrooms on the main floor.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We have three rooms downstairs and two upstairs.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I agree. One house that we were seriously looking to buy had 4 bedrooms on 3 different floors. The master plus one room upstairs, one room on the main level and one in the basement.

That was a huge downer for us. Many people use the upstairs bed for the little one(s) and the basement bedroom for the older one, and the main level bed as a playroom or an office.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• The house that we ended up buying has all of the bedrooms on the top floor.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It's easy. a man designed it.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 12:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I have my master down and 3 beds up. It is more popular if you have older children. Personally I would love all bedrooms up.
    Anonymous