anyone else stuck in the house cuz of the snow?

as pretty as it is, i hate snow. it's too cold, the kids want to play in it, tracking in snow that turns into water all over the floor, and then you have to give them a bath...ugh i hate snow. (thank God DH is here to bring them out in it) and i HATE driving in it. i wish it were summer. oh well, it does make for great pics of the kids though.

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I feel the same way and yep, I'm stuck in too. It looks as if it might be that way all weekend at least. Our area is never prepared for this. They are expecting extensive power outages due to downed powerlines after the forecasted ice that is to come tomorrow. Oh joy.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• yeah on post here they salted like every major road, but off post they didn't. i don't think they did anything. i just hope the power stays on...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• aww send me some!!!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• Yup I'm stuck because of the snow. Well I won't officially know untill tomorrow morning because that's when I find out if my hubby is coming home or staying in a room at work (he works at a hospital). He has our only car. The good news is that if he stays then he'll have even more overtime on his check and it will make a REALLY good paycheck.
    Anonymous

• ahhhhh I live in florida so hate me because it was 78 degrees today & I'm hot!!!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• I love the snow. I don't let my children out in it because I have had trouble finding boots and gloves/mittens that fit them. Why in this world would anyone buy fleece mittens? My 3-year-old ds would have wet and cold hands shortly after he started playing in the snow. I miss the leather mittens and gloves that were lined with flannel. My dad would put melted mink oil on them in the fall. They were toasty warm and water-proof. If water got inside, he would put some more on. Don't get me started on finding snow pants for 2 and 3-year-olds.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• aw Nyx7 you suck lol

dustbunny, my 2yr old has fleece mittens, and so far his hands aren't wet. i took off one set to switch them out, cuz i thought his hands would be wet and freezing but they weren't. weird huh? lol. he has his thermal pajamas on under his fleece lined jeans, with a huge snow coat my mom sent him (she's from michigan). lol, my husband found some cowboy boots someone gave him for christmas a couple years ago, they're a little big but hey, they're working! lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2010