Would we be able to file 2 head of households for 1 address (not living together?)?

i filed my taxes the other day, online through turbotax and when it prompted for an address it asked for the mailing address (not physical) and i recieve my mail at my mothers house (we dont have a box) but we do not live together. i filed head of house hold (bc i am lol) and i was wondering now will that mess her up when she files?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Don't the forms ask for both a physical address and a mailing address? I was sure they do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• u can only have 1 head of household per address the other has to file single you still get about the same amout hardly any difference...i wouldnt do it unless u want to get audited....were not married yet so i claimed head of household and claimed my son cuz i made more money and he claimed our daughter and filed single.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• ok but we dont live together at all and it only asks for mailing address, not both......think maybe i should call on monday to be sure, but even if we get audited i have proof we dont live together, both are unmarried, both have dependants, and both take care of the house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• no. it's a red falg gor the irs. you'll just get audited. been there. done that. paid for it too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I would think that as long as you have proof that you live separately, even if audited, you'd be fine. But I'd call on Monday to find out for sure, save yourself the hassle if indeed it would be a no-no.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:19 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It is a red flag and it might come back to bite you in the ass.

Why dont you get mail where you live?
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 9:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• are you talking about the registration at the end of filing? that has nothing to do with your return, but at the beginning it would have asked you for YOUR home address, where you live, that is the one that they use for the filing.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 4:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2010