How does your SOS show you that you are important...what the little things he does for you?

i dunno if i am expecting a fairytale relationship or what, but i really want my SOS to show me that he thinks of me the way i think of him. before i make any decisions, or do anything i think of him, whether he needs something or even just making sure i am not out too long so he wont worry. but he just wants to do his own thing. i dont feel like his equal i feel like i let go of a lot that i want in order to make him more comfortable. he is rarely serious about talking and expressing his feelings, and is usually sarcastic when i try to address issues with him. i just want us to get deeper, i want to feel more like a wife but he refuses to listen....what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Il answer that 1 when i find a nice caring man instead of the usual arsehole
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 4:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• my husband is in Germany. ...He calls me everyday (almost) even if all he has time to say is "i love you". He makes an effort to remember my birthday (which is difficult for him. lol) and other little things too.

It sounds like your SO has some issues. Maybe he needs counseling.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• the dishes
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2010

• My husband tells me that he loves me on a daily basis, he holds me, kisses me, hugs me, etc.

He spoils me!
    Anonymous

• idk, my husband randomly buys me a rose or chocolate every now and then, tells me he loves me out of nowhere, gives me a kiss just because, ect. keeping up with him is hard, i especially feel bad when i have a bad day and take it out on him. he gets aggrivated with it but at the end of the day he just gives me a kiss and a hug and says he understands and that he's glad i'm taking it out on him rather than the kids lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• my husband works in the Gulf and he's gone every other 2 weeks. When he comes home everything is about me! He knows exactly what to say to me. He always helps with house work when he's home. We go every where and do everything together... we tell each other everything.... i couldnt ask for a better man i feel soooo blessed to have him!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• he calls just to call on his lunch break or way home, he will ask if i want to go somewhere and he'll watch the boys, he sends short "i hope youre having a nice day" texts when he cant call...

we had a bad week this week, ive been exhausted he's been working 6-days a week 12 hour days for the past weeks and we've just been so snappy and grouchy to each other.. he got off work early, and i saw him come up the drive but then leave again i called him FURIOUS..and he said he was going to Oriellys..so im even more mad, i wanted him to come home so we could hang out and maybe take a nap, and get over whatever funk we've been having this week well..he didnt go to oriellys, he went to the store and got flowers and a card..:) and so now, we're over our tiredness and grouchyness towards each other.

..'con'td.
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i think a lot of times that guys are guys and they don't realize that they are not expressing their feelings enough, or they don't want to be embarrassed if someone sees them doing it. My husband is somewhere in between, he isn't afraid to show affection or talk or anything like that, but he isn't real spontaneous with wanting to just buy some flowers out of the blue to surprise me. It's not a huge deal though. My husband will do anything for me though. And I don't need little gestures to know where we stand in our relationship. Good luck.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• ..how long have yall been together? maybe you could write everything you're wanting or needing write it in a letter, but dont be demanding, just let him know how you feel and give little ideas of what he might want to do to make you happier. dont expect him to do it, just be happy and surprised if/when he does. and dont get mad if he doesnt, guys forget! and if a letter doesnt work, just tell him. tell him you NEED it, sometimes guys think you just want it.

If he's right for you and loves you, hell get it, and WANT to make you happy.
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Men are Men and will always be way more different then us...acceptance is key...accept for who they are and things go much better.
    As far as what my husband does to make me happy.....He never fusses about what I spend money on...he is not anal and does not argue. He lets me be "me". (my 1st marriage was abusive and controlling so this is huge for me)
    He tells me he is proud of me for sticking to my diet changes, He randomly tells me he loves me. He will call me out of the blue on his way home or on a lunch break, for no reason. Last place I was employed he would call because "he missed me"
    I don't need him to buy me things it's what is in his heart and it's the security he provides, that is what counts.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2010