Could you live off of $1600/mo?

You have $1600.
Rent = $500
Car = $500
so your left with 600/mo.
Could you survive on that?
How?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I already do. we have 3 kids. yeah. very possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• WIth my income, after bills, I am left with $600 a month.

Easy to live on. How much do you need?

Need vs want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• you mean with the rent and car that much? not unless i cut off my cable or cell phone. if i cut one of those off, yes i could live off of that. if i cut a cell phone out i'd have insurance and cable $450 a month. that would leave me with $150 for groceries, and with coupons i could stretch that out and buy groceries for the month. as for things we don't need, i wouldn't be able to get that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• if you think you can't live on that, try applying for food stamps. A lot of people don't realize they qualify for it (or they are too high and mighty to try) My family of 5 can make $2100 a month and still receive them.

another option is downgrade your car. It's either a really nice car (probably more than you NEED) for that price or you got ripped off in the deal to be paying $500

Anonymous

• i agree with Anon #3, we only pay 350 a month for our car, and it's a nice minivan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I have lived off that, alone with 3 girls. No car payment but rent was $800. Cut back on the wants and just get what you need. Shop clearances and don't eat out. Remind yourself that 20 bucks at a fast food joint can buy 2 days worth of food.
    Also use as little electricity as you can to keep that bill cheap. Don't have a house phone and cell, just have 1.
    And get the foodstamps, the money you save can go to other things and if you not on wic nad you have at least 1 kid under 5, get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I LIVE ON LESS THAN THAT A MONTH!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We live on WAY less than that a month. 600$ left over would be awesome and we could do a lot more then we do now.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• (OP Here)
    We make 1600/mo
    Rent around here is about $400-500 minimum (we live at my moms FREE right now, but we cant deal with it anymore.)
    His car is $450/mo + 140 for insurance. But the car will be payed off this year!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i couldnt with my bills.. but with your bills, add in electric and phone.. say 70 a month total? you are left with 530 for gasoline and food. Id say that is plenty. You may even be able to get the internet or cable.

How many people? for 2 i spend about 50 a week on groceries.
    Anonymous