What is love?........not for a child, that is love of a different sort. I am referring to love for a SO or DH.

Basically someone you have sex with, not your children!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Love is giving someone the power to destroy you, ...but trusting them not to.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:23 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• A mutual recognition of a timeless connection, to which nothing would or could, try to destroy.
    When words are given to try to define it, they fail, because it is an unfixed energy, it allows and appreciates, and expands beyond thought.
    There is no mistaking one touch from real love, there are no doubts about its memory of what truth is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I don't equate sex with love. You can love someone you aren't having sex with (I was with my Dh on and off from the age of 15 and we didn't have sex until more than 10 year LATER).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Love is respecting the other person, trusting them in every way, wanting what is best for them even if it might not be what's best for you, wanting them to be happy (even if it isn't with you). It's wanting to be with them, spend time with them, talk to them. They become your best friend, the person you always want to go to first when something happens, be it good or bad. Not being able to imagine spending your life without them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I think the first response sums it up well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 30, 2010