Do you think Americans should only adopt American children?

I see this alot in the adoption blogs.. do you agree or disagree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 1:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• full disagree. Any family willing to open their hearts to adopt a child, should be willing to open their hearts to ANY child in need.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:11 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Hmm.. I guess it depends on the circumstances that put the child up for adoption in the first place.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 1:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• from our country or not, it doesn't matter. ALL children need safe and loving homes. Usually, children are adopted from countries where people don't adopt thier own because of of poverty or other economical problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

why?
    Anonymous

• No, though I do think only people with really big hearts should adopt children who need to fill up a big heart with their love. Nationality really doesn't play a role in it at all.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I think people should adopt from where ever they want to. If my uncle hadnt met his wife in Korea and then adopted 3 children from there I wouldnt have my wonderful cousins whom I love dearly. As long as a child is getting a loving home it doesnt matter where they were adopted from.

I do however find it sad that it is harder from what friends have told me about their own experiences to adopt children in the US. A very sweet couple that I know finally adopted out of country after years of trying in the US. They now have a beautiful little girl who is very happy and adored by her parents.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I am sorry this is ever still a thought (question) in one's mind.

My parents were SUPER HORRIBLE (mentally, verbally, physically abusive and neglectful. Mother was extremely cruel.) Americans who adopted 4 Koreans.....We (the adoptees) got the very short end of the stick. However, I am grateful I am in the USA despite my terribly painful childhood.

I have many adopted acquaintances (college professors, researchers, lawyers, social workers) who think there should never be mixed race adoptions because of one's difficulty grasping his/her identity.....I strongly disagree with this mindset! We all struggle with identity, no matter where we live or which ethnic group we belong to, for a variety of reasons....it's simply part of growing up.... When one reaches adulthood, it is time to put those insecurities & difficulties to rest. And it is also time to use the past as a tool for wisdom & strength of character.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Personally, I dont care where they are from..so as long as the kid is an orphan. Adoption is for kids who have NO parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• popcornWaiting for the great debate to start!!!!

Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2010