Take the North Route or Southern Route?

Hello Ladies! Next month I will be driving from Oregon to New York, stopping in Kentucky, and Im wondering, should we go across the Northern US and chance snow and who knows what kind of weather or South and add a little time? I will have two dogs and a 6 month old with me. Any input or comments on your state's weather situation would be helpful!

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 2:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Chancing snow is a brave thing in driving. I live where we get A LOT of snow and I would not chance a thing I would take the south route and enjoy the view. Drive safe and enjoy the trip.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I live in NW AR and we had a ton of snow dumped on us! And it's STILL SNOWING!!!!
    Drive safely!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I would say southern route because you never know what you will com across and I have driven the southern route in winter and it was fine.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:13 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I don't live in any of those areas but I am a police officer and I will say this....since you are not familiar with the route you would be safer to take the south route even though it'll add some time to the drive. With a small baby and your fur children, it wouldn't be good to end up driving in snow and getting into an accident just to save time. Take the scenic route and enjoy the trip :) Drive safe!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2010