How soon do I need to get birth control after the baby is born?

and does breastfeeding help with it or not?
Any birth control you recommend..nothing hormonal though..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Health

• You need it right away. You can get PG while BFing.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:34 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I just used condoms and you should right away because you can get pregnant breastfeeding.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:37 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• As soon as you're going to have sex. Condoms are what we used too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• asap
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 5:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You can get birth control at your 6 week postpartum Appointment with your OB. Just telll them you want birth control and that you are breastfeeding and they should give you a dose that wont harm the baby when feeding. I am on the pilll. You can ask to doctor your optionss. There are a lot!
    EthansMommy1120

Answer by EthansMommy1120 at 5:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You need to use birthcontol as soon as you start having sex. While breastfeeding can delay the resumption of menstruation, it is not a guarantee; I started having regular periods when my daughter was about two months old, and I was breastfeeding.

We used condoms for the first few months, then I got fitted for a new diaphragm, They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You doctor will ask you what bc you would like to consider at your 6 wk post partum checkup
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• start taking the pill in the hospital, just kidding, I was pregnant at my six week check up, after my first daughter. Anyway, as all previous posters said, RIGHT AWAY
    mouse1085

Answer by mouse1085 at 7:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• use condoms unttl your next drs appointment which is normally 4-6 weeks after and he will gide you on how to get birth control.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• you shouldnt use hormonal bc while breastfeeding because it can dry your supply. you have condoms and spermicide, a diaphram and spermicide, the copper iud paragard (i have this, nursing 12 months now), natural family planning, and good ol pull and pray lol. you could do the mini pill but its really not as reliable as other methods and could still dry you up a bit.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2010