Skulls and cross bones, ok for children to wear?

why or why not?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 7:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I won't be putting them on MY children. I just think it's tacky. But that is MY opinion...not everyone's :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My son has a shirt that has a skull on it and it says trouble underneath of it. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. He likes it and it's done nicely. He wore it in a picture that we had taken of him on a motorcycle and it is my favorite picture.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I dont' have a problem with it, unless it's bloody or offensive
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My girls like it especially my 4yr old cause she says it makes her a pirate. She just likes it cause of that. I don't have a problem with it. If the kid likes it then ok. I would rather have them wearing that then dressing them too old for their age.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 9:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• They are morbid and they are ugly.
    My dd (9yr old) and I have run across them at almost every store where children's clothes are sold. Children's place and so on so forth. While I am moving the clothes on the wracks,I come across something w/them on it and I say to myself WHY??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• love all that stuff I think it's super cute!
    - too bad you couldn't find stuff like that when I had my kids though :(
    a friend of ours DID make us tie dyed onesies though-they were cute
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My daughter has some super Cute skull clothes As long as they are not Offensive or Bloody She can wear them She Loves them
    mom0f6..83

Answer by mom0f6..83 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• When we went to Emerald Isle, NC a few years ago on vacation, my husband and boys all got a t-shirt with a skull and crossbones on it because the boys wanted to look like pirates. Emerald Isle has a lot of pirate history. That's the only skull item they've ever worn but I never saw a problem with it as long as it's not bloody or gory. Most boys like pirates.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My daughter had a onesie that my in-laws bought for her with a cartoonish skull and crossbones on it. We loved it. My son now has a pair of pants that have little tiny ones all over the legs. I thought both were super cute, and the kids really seemed to like them. Granted, I would not allow my children to wear them if they were bloody or had references to violence or anything like that. But in cartoon, or plain forms, I see no problem with them. Pirate is a big thing now. Kids think its cool.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

•  It's too macabre and morose for my taste. I can see it on teens or perhaps preteens, for whom trends matter, but on young children, whose clothing is chosen by the parents? No, and I don't understand why a parent would like it, unless they are stalled in a teenager's mind-set themselves.

grammarpolice

Answer by grammarpolice at 10:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2010