How much baby food should my 8 month old get in one day?

She is taking in anywhere from 21-25 oz of formula per day and getting one veggie and one fruit at dinner time. The reason I ask this, is because at night time she will go to bed around 8 She will sleep for an hour or two, then wakes up and cries on and off til I give her a another few oz's of formula. After she gets that shes content and goes back to sleep and I don't hear from her til the morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Each baby is different, but at 8 months my son was eating table food 3 meals/day, what we were eating and nursing two additional times

Answer by missanc at 8:51 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• She should be getting between 24 and 36 oz of formula I believe and two to three meals of fruit, veg or cereal a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Here is how I feed my 8 month old son:

Breakfast : 1/4 c. baby cereal and fruit
    4 oz. formula

Lunch: jar of veggies
    8 oz bottle

Mid afternoon: 8 oz bottle

Dinner: jar of veggies with meat, jar of fruit
    4 oz. bottle

Right before bed: 8 oz bottle

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I agree with Anon 10:16.. that's about how I fed my daughter at 8 mos. I think we gave cereal at dinnertime, my DD never had jarred meat.

If you think she's not getting enough, or she shows that (which the waking up crying after a couple hours seems to indicate to me) then I'd add a feeding either of bottle right before bed, cereal, or another jar of food.

Each baby is different, but as she needs more food she will let you know. It is up to you to make sure you read the signs and take the appropriate action. It's different for each kid and each situation.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• gerber.com has a meal planner that helps you decide what is a good amount based on your child age and milestones. It is very helpful looking. Give that a try......
    HarpersMom715

Answer by HarpersMom715 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My 8 month old eats 3 times a day and nurses on demand
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 12:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2010