how long can it take for babieblues to kick in?

my son is 6 months old now and I have the feeling I am getting more and more depressed every day. what should be known though is that it is only my son and me! I have a restraining order against his father but I think his father still stalks me! I just lost my job this week and am looking big time for a new one! now I thought that maybe one pain would kill the other cause I do miss his father very much and got myself a tattoo! of course what I thought might happen didnt. can someone tell me what is going on? do I have the baby blues or am I just missing my babies daddy and dont want to be alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Between having man problems, job problems and dealing with a 6 month old. You have a right to be depressed a little.

Answer by louise2 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i dont think thats baby blues.....i think thats just plain old hard life blues lol maybe u have someone else u could talk to or maybe find a baby sitter to help some. maybe u need a break.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My PPD kicked in about a month after my twins were born...mind you until then I was running back and forth to the NICU to see them so that kept my mind and body occupied. I think you might just have regular depression, which is just as bad, due to your life situation. Talk to your doctor and see what they recommend to help. Also getting help with the baby so you can have a break every now and then can't hurt. If your ex is violating the restraining order REPORT HIM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Baby blues happen within the first 2 weeks after delivery... So no it is not BB's.. You might be experiencing regular depression. I would not rule out PPD because it can come on late, but with everything else it really doesn't sound like it. Call your Dr and talk with them, they can help or point you in the right direction. There is such a thing as situational depression, that is usually short term but related to your current situation also. Either way, it still needs to be checked.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I dont have the proof that he is stalking but I get non regestered calls and whenI pick up the person hangs up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• that's a tough situation.. I don't know what to tell you for sure. You could have PPD, and you could just have a normal depressive episode. If it lasts more than 2 weeks I would definitely tell your doctor and arrange to see a counselor at least. My PPD didn't set in until my daughter was 5 months old. She was a NICU baby an we spent the first 4 months of her life running back and forth to specialists and hospitals and finally ending up with surgery and recovery. After that it all hit me and PPD set in bad. You could just be having a hard time adjusting to motherhood, or a hard time adjusting to being alone and handling all the responsibility yourself. If you have a restraining order, just remember the reasons that you put it in place in the first place and don't let yourself be put in a bad situation just because you 'wonder'. Definitely talk to someone who can help you sort out your feelings and keep yourself safe!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My PPD set in when my son was 4 weeks old. But we had dealt with a premature birth and him being in the NICU and at 4 weeks he was diagnosed w/ reflux. But I a very good friend whose PPD didn't set in til her son was 12 months! So it can happen at any time!

But I do agree w/ the above posters that it sounds more like life blues rather than baby blues. You have a lot going on, it's no wonder you are depressed. You should see your doctor asap though. It can get really bad and you don't want it to!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 10:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2010