What do you think of this quote?

"Your opinion is wrong!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree! However, we're all allowed to be wrong, so it's all good.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• That is the persons opinion on a opinion. Even though any opinion can not be wrong. Because it is only an opinion.

Answer by louise2 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I agree with the PP. How can somebody's opinion be wrong?
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Some opinions can be wrong.
    I can be of the opinion that the sky is green, but it isn't.
    I can be of the opinion that someone is a b**ch- even if she isn't.

FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 9:00 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Opinons are, by definiation, someones personal belief or view. There is no right or wrong. If there was a clear answer, then it would be fact, not opinion. But some opinions, don't seem to be related to any facts. So you have to question why someone would think that. Someone may say "smoking is good". This is an opinion. We all know that smoking has many negative effects, but this person may enjoy smoking because of the effects on the body he/she is feeling. Is the statement wrong? I suppose it just depends on what aspect you are focusing on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• OP here: my grandma used to tell my brother this all the time. He always got a good laugh. "Grandma, do you know what an opinion is?" "Of course I do, and yours is WRONG!" :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It depends on whether they're dealing with facts or not.  If someone says that snow is purple, then i will tell them they are wrong but if they say that vaccinating your children is wrong, then that is a matter of personal opinion and they are entitled to that, even if I don't agree.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:12 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I think it is stupid and just something someone says when they lose an arguement.
    I hear it alot on here, I also hear "your opinion doesnt count because you are anon" That too is stupidity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Freedom of speech allows me to speak my wrong opinions loudly and clearly!!
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Our first amendment right allows you to express your opinion, even if it differs from everybody elses. That doesn't exclude somebody thinking you are a complete moron for thinking as you do. Like when Joe Wilson yelled "You lie!" during a speech by Obama. That was his opinion, but he was a moron for expressing himself in an undignified manner. I've never seen a congressman express his opinion in such a disrespectful way, except when being interviewed for a tv show (or at a teabag rally). If we lived in Communist China, for instance, Mr Wilson would be enjoying a lengthy sojourn in Mongolia. More than likely his outburst would've resulted in the removal of teeth or tongue, or both. As for me, I am glad to live somewhere that even if somebody thinks my opinions are wrong I can still express myself. I'd like to see a post about how the Lt Gov of South Carolina has wrong opinions. Or Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly.
    mt4704

Answer by mt4704 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2010