What can I use to make a diaper

Please dont bash I work full time on top of rasing my children all on my own

I only have 3 diapers to get me thru the weekend what can I use as a alternitave I dont have any cloth or I would use them My child is 2

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• A T-shirt, large safty pins, and a trash bag to help keep it in until you get them changed. Make sure the shirts are not your favorite. You can also use old kitchen towels.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You think You should have Planned better LOOSER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Yeah anon :29 you bashing her was really effective, except you spelt loser wrong you idiot. I have a ton of little swimmer diapers left over from summer and that's what I use if I accidently run out, which happens sometimes if you've got a million other things on your mind. I think you need to scrape together some change and possibly try to get to a store and buy some super cheap off brand diapers or something. Other then that a kitchen towel or hand towel with some pins and plastic to hold everything in will work. Oh on a side note you might want to save the real diapers for bed time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Any piece of cotton fabric, a towel, t-shirt etc..if you are going to use a towel make sure to use a thin one! Keep the disposables for night time use.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Do you have any terry cloth or old towels? You can cut them into triangles and use a safetly pin to keep them together. OR you could start potty training. Do you have any kid underwear? Don't see this as a bad thing, use the diapers at night and work on potty trainging during the day.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• oh, DO NOT buy the super cheap stuff. My DH did that four our son and our son ended up with a blistering rash on his bum! It was horrible!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Wow... there's no need to bash a mom seeking help! With how the economy is those days, it is not uncommon to come across this kind of problem. I have ran out before, but I am fortunate enough to have family/friends to help me out.

I'd use old towels and cut them and fold them in diapers. I am not sure what pattern is used for cloth-diapering, but you can look it up online. Or a old tee shirt. However, I'd double it up. If you have any pads laying around, maybe you can stick it on the t-shirt/between t-shirt for extra absorption. If the child is older, I would probably use duct tape or something to keep it together rather than safety pins. Maybe ask friends/relatives for loose changes or soda bottles to take back and see if you can get enough to purchase a cheap pack of diapers. If this is a frequent struggle, it might not hurt to ask a local church or charity group for help. You can look on freecycle for help. GL!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 4:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2010