Whats the average age for a baby to grow out of a 22 pound infant carseat?

IM trying to find the best carseat, and I was wondering how old is a 22 pound baby?

dani_c

Asked by dani_c at 10:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hun it depends on the child it's hard to tell sometimes but when your child get to about 20 pounds no matter the age just get the car seat that's my idea though. So then when he/she out grows it you'll be ready
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 10:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It depends on the child I know 1 year olds that weight roughly that, but my 9 month old weights more than that.
    You cant get a rough idea of it you will just have to wait til your kid is there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• it depends on your kid. My daughter is 18 months and just hit 22lbs. If your looking for something to last longer, think about a convertible. They don't have the carry- convenience, but they last twice as long.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My first hit 20lbs at 5 months, my second is 23lbs at 1.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• My daughter was WAY too big for her infant seat by the time she was 10 months old, but we stuck with it til she was almost 1. I got to the point where I just turned it around anyways because it was hell trying to squeeze her butt in there backwards. She had to keep her legs all scrunched up and would cry anytime we went anywhere.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i have a chicco keyfit 30. it goes up to 30 lbs
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It all depends on the baby. My son is 17 months old and is 21 lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• definitely depends on the kid...

oldest was 22 pounds around 14months - but outgrew her carrier at 9months

middle wasn't 22 pounds until she was 2.5

youngest was 22 pounds at 16months

I'd suggest a great convertible carseat that can be rear and forward facing - we've got the Safety First Alpha omega - I LOVE IT.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Depends on the child. We currently have convertible that goes up to 35 pounds rear facing and up to 40 forward facing, which is good, because MO recently raised both height and age requirements for switching to forward facing. It is a Dorel something, it was a gift so we didn't have much choice about it. DD is 13 1/2 months and weighs around 19-20 pounds, so I think we'll get some good use out of it. I just wish our car had the LATCH system so I could get it in the seat tighter, instead of having to retighten the belt every few weeks.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:03 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Both my DD and DS out grew the seat. DD wasn't 22 pounds, but she was too long for the seat at one. DS was too heavy and too long at nine months. We got a seat that was convertible(Evenflo Triumph Advance LX) so he could stay rear facing and it holds front facing until 65 pounds, most other convertible only went to 50 pounds. So don't go by weight only, height plays alot into it also.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 12:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2010